Fundamental Principles for Overcoming Worry
- Live in the moment.
- How to face trouble:
a. Ask yourself, “What is the worst scenario?”
b. Accept the possible worst.
c. Find solutions.
- Remind yourself on how worries can damage your health.
Basic Techniques in Analyzing Worry
- Get all the facts.
- Weigh all the facts – then come to a decision.
- Once a decision is reached, act!
- Write out and answer the following questions:
a. What is the problem?
b. What are the causes of the problem?
c. What are the possible solutions?
d. What is the best possible solution?
Break the Worry Habit Before It Breaks You
- Keep busy.
- Don’t fuss about trifles.
- Don’t worry about the past.
- Ignore what you cannot control.
Cultivate a Mental Attitude That Will Bring You Peace and Happiness
- Fill your mind with thoughts of peace, courage, health and hope.
- Never try to get even with your enemies.
- Expect ingratitude.
- Count your blessings – not your troubles.
- Do not imitate others.
- Try to profit from your losses.
- Create happiness for others.
The Perfect Way to Conquer Worry
Don’t Worry About Criticism
- Remember that unjust criticism is often a disguised compliment.
- Do the very best you can.
- Analyse your own mistakes and criticize yourself.
Prevent Fatigue and Worry, and Keep Your Energy and Spirits High
- Rest before you get tired.
- Learn to relax at
- Protect your health and appearance
by relaxingat home.
- Apply these four good working habits:
a. Clear your desk of all papers except those relating to the immediate problem at hand.
b. Do things in the order of their importance.
c. When you face a problem, solve it then and there if you have the facts
necessary tomake a decision.
d. Learn to organize, deputize and supervise.
- Put enthusiasm into your work.
- Don’t worry about insomnia.